Oh yeah I am sharing my recipe because they are so yummy.
Homemade Hawaiian Rolls
6 Cups All purpose flour
3 tsp yeast
1/2 C sugar
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1/4 tsp salt
3 Tbsp coconut oil
1 can PLUS 2 Tbsp of coconut milk
the remaining part of the 2nd can of coconut milk
1/3 C sugar
Extra sugar to sprinkle on top
- I used my Kitchenaid, if you don’t have one use a mixing bowl and hand mixer. You may have to mix by hand to get it completely mixed.
- Sift the flour then make a well in the middle of your flour.
- Pour the lukewarm water in the well, add the 1/2 C of sugar, then sprinkle the yeast on top. Let it set for about 5 minutes until the yeast is dissolved and starts to bubble.
- Add the coconut oil and salt.
- Add in the coconut milk and mix until the dough comes clean from the sides of the bowl.
Mix with the dough hook (if using a hand mixer you may have to use your hands).
Leave the dough in the bowl, covered,until it is doubled in size. I set mine by the oven to speed up the process. (about 30 minutes)
Divide the dough into balls (it makes 18-20 rolls). Place them in a 9x 13 baking pan.
Cover again, set by the oven until doubled in size again.
Heat the oven to 375F.
Mix the rest of the coconut milk with the sugar and pour over the top of the rolls.
Sprinkle sugar on top of the rolls and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. The coconut milk will be absorbed into the rolls.
While hot, butter the top of the rolls.
Serve Warm (or cool) but I recommend warm and so does my family.
If you look up in my navigation bar you will see Cheri’s Projects & Favs–the drop down bar will have different categories. I got my recipes done over the weekend. Check them all out.
Head over to The DIY Club to check out my FAUX BEADBOARD ~ Yacht Club and Marina sign.