Coffee Filter Decor

by CHERI on September 7, 2010

I started working on this fun little message center a while ago, ran out of my DecoArt Chalkboard Paint, went to 2 stores in my area and neither had it in the store.  I called DecoArt to get some only to find out they were re-formulating it.  So until I can get more of the paint, I can not totally finish my message center and give you that tutorial.

I saw someone make something similar and thought they were so cute and I can not find them now.  If it was you please contact me and I will give you credit.  I made 2 adorable flowers to attach to my message center.  One is made from the natural Coffee Filters.  I used 3 –I just dabbed the edges in a brown rubber stamp.  The center is a foil cupcake liner and Iattached it together with a chocolate brown chenille pipe cleaner–the big fuzzy rustic  looking ones.

Then I added a little Gorilla Wood Glue with a paint brush to the edges here and there and some of my PK Glitz Glitter. Aren’t they cute?  I wish I could tell you the color, of glitter, for sure–most of mine have the name rubbed off but I think it is the Gold Dust.

PK Glitz COLOR Chart check out all the colors.

This one is with the white coffee filters–same process, just a aqua cupcake liner (I used 2 for a little deeper color).
I will post to these parties:
House of Hepworths

1 Cassie At Primitive & Proper September 7, 2010 at 2:29 pm

wow! that is so cute! i have my own coffee filter project i am doing friday and hope to share this weekend! love how yours turned out! is it just the gold on the edges, or did you use any distress ink? thanks!

2 Marie September 7, 2010 at 3:17 pm

This is so cute. Coffee filters and cupcake liners?! Who knew the kitchen had so many crafting supplies!

3 Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions September 7, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Love your coffee filter flowers, Cheri! The colors in the second one are my favorite!

4 Allison September 7, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Super cute! Love the little cupcake liner in the center.

I made flowers like this for a wreath.

5 Kim @ Cheap Chic Home September 7, 2010 at 9:00 pm

This is a wonderful idea. I have some filters that I accidentally purchased in the wrong size, this would be a good use. Hey, Cheri, I haven’t been over here in awhile, I {heart} your new layout!

6 Denise September 7, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Since my “new” coffee maker has a permanent filter, I’ve got extra filters just Layin Around!! Thanks for the great idea!
Happy Tuesday

7 Jami September 8, 2010 at 6:09 am

Oooooooh. I love these these coffee filter flowers. I seriously need to stop reading blogs until I finish my twins’ birthday party. I have enough on my plate. I’m doing these though…and Stephanie Lynn’s cable knit sweater covers. Hey, I’ll do her sweater covers with YOUR filters as an embellishment. Yum. Thanks for the idea, Cheri!