Saturday Showcase 11-6-2011

by CHERI on November 6, 2011

I know I am a day behind and I am sorry. I was working on the Cancer Fundraiser that we had all day yesterday.

Can you believe Thanksgiving is just 18 days away. That means all the crazy shopping begins soon as well.

Growing up we either put the tree up on Thanksgiving day or that weekend. We used to go cut down a tree at a tree farm and we would go the day after Thanksgiving. Here in Florida you can’t find a tree farm–unless you want a palm tree so a few years ago–I started putting it up the weekend before Thanksgiving. I am able to get all of my decorating done, focus on Thanksgiving and all that goes into that holiday and then get into the business of Christmas shopping.

When do you put your tree up?

Come back for Tuesday’s TOP THAT!!!

I want to introduce you to a new blogger–In This Crazy Life.

Cheddar Bacon Biscuits–sounds yummy to me.

The Old Block House

Country Girl Home

Scrappy Sugar Girl

The Lung Family

Ugly Duckling

On Hollyhock Farm

Crafted Niche

My Covered Bridge

Embracing Change

Embracing Change

Sweet Tea and Salsa

Mommy Minded

Lady with the Red Rocker

Joyful Homemaking

Be sure to grab your I’ve been FEATURED button (they are in the footer)

1 gertie @ The Old Block House November 6, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Thank you so much for including my bowls in your Satruday Showcase.

You’ve just topped what has been a great weekend with a big dollop of creamy icing.

2 Stephanie Hill November 6, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Thanks, Cheri, for featuring my homemade candy corn! Glad you liked ’em! 🙂

3 Dana November 6, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Thanks so much for featuring my pedestal table. What a great surprise!

4 Kristen @ My Covered Bridge November 6, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Thank you SO much for featuring my silver leaf wine bottle! What a great surprise!

5 Pattie@On HollyhockFarm November 7, 2011 at 6:24 am

Thank you so much for featuring my garbage sofa! I should update that post because after a thorough cleaning it looks and feels amazing! Full of down feathers! It’s like a “sedative” when you get in it! I still can not believe someone threw it out! As for my Xmas trees, they will start going up now. With all the work put in to decorating, I want to enjoy them as long as I can!
Thanks again! 8^)

6 CHERI November 7, 2011 at 6:48 am

I typically decorate 6 trees so I have to start early. I love playing Christmas music while we decoarate–so fun.

7 Lindsay November 7, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Cheri, Thanks for the feature! I love all the others ther are so many talented people out there aren’t there? Great stuff.
Lindsay

8 CHERI November 8, 2011 at 8:20 am

You are welcome.
Yes I enjoy checking out other bloggers.

9 Rhonda November 8, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Thank you for featuring me in your Saturday Showcase. It is such a blessing! I was feeling blah all weekend and then checked on my emails and saw this wonderful surprise.
Yes, I’m counting down the days until Thanksgiving too…I think I need an extra week though because I can feel my stress levels rising. Eating Halloween candy ought temporarily fix that. 🙂
Rhonda
PS If this posts twice I apologize. Google be acting googly.