I found this strap of bells at Joann’s and grabbed it. The bells were a brass color and while they looked nice I had a different idea in mind.
I have some of this waxed cotton brown cord from Canvas Corp so I cut a long string of it.
While I was at Joann’s I purchased a container full of the jingle bells. I loved the color so I worked on the other bells that were on the strap, so they would match.
I don’t have a mantel in this house so I decorate the lanai.
I can’t wait to have a mantel again and I will drape even more of the jingle bells.
- I sanded over the bells then added some of Sophisticated Finished Patina Green to them.
- It still wasn’t quite right so I mixed up some paint, using plum, brown and brick and added in some crushed chalk. I brushed it on and rubbed it off.
- I went over it with some sand colored paint mixed with some crushed chalk and rubbed it off.
- Then I went over areas of the bells with Sophisticated Finished Iron.
- I went back over it with the Sophisticated Finished Patina Green and had the look I wanted.
- I used the Canvas Corp waxed cord and tied on the jingle bells. I love the simplicity of it.
- I added my sleigh and reindeer stocking hangers.
- And added 2 of the Charlie Brown trees that we have. At least that’s what I call these trees.
I have another project that I am finishing up that used the Sophisticated Finished Patina Green. I love this product.
We’ve told the kids when the bells ring it means Santa is near.
Last year we had to jingle bells outside their window and as soon as they heard them they were fast asleep–because they were afraid Santa wouldn’t stop.
Would your kids go to sleep or would they run to try and see Santa?