I began reading this book Ultra-Metabolism a few weeks ago. I got a hard cover used book for just a few cents plus shipping. I just checked and they have hard covers at 21 cents (now that may change as people grab them up.) My book looks practically new so I am happy to have the hard cover version for around $4(with the shipping). This book makes so much sense to some health issues I want to tackle for both my husband and myself. I want our children eating healthy –REAL FOODS– so they don’t face any health issues later in life.
I have added a new pinterest board Tasty Healthy Lifestyle. My boards are in alphabetical order so they are easy to find.
Come over and follow me. I follow every back and I do a lot of pinning.
In addition to healthy eating I want to get back into a regular exercise routine.
Add to that I want to LAUGH–more often. Yes Laugh–you know those belly laughs where you can not stop laughing. (The kinds not acceptable for a church service or wedding.) I had so much fun on facebook last night with a couple of friends–we were chatting back and forth and all three of us were laughing so hard. I think our families thought we had lost our minds. It was good for me to laugh that hard. I went to bed thinking about the funny conversations with a smile on my face, not the stresses of life weighing down on me.
I can not control all of the stress in my life (and I promise I have my fair share) but I can laugh hard and often and help eliminate the stressful things or at least laugh some of the stress away.
What can laughter do?:
* Lower blood pressure
* Increase vascular blood flow and oxygenation of the blood
* Give a workout to the diaphragm and abdominal, respiratory, facial, leg, and back muscles
* Reduce certain stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline
* Increase the response of tumor- and disease-killing cells such as Gamma-interferon and T-cells
* Defend against respiratory infections–even reducing the frequency of colds–by immunoglobulon in saliva.
* Increase memory and learning; in a study at Johns Hopkins University Medical School, humor during instruction led to increased test scores
* Improve alertness, creativity, and memory
Humor works quickly. Less than a half-second after exposure to something funny, and electrical wave moves through the higher brain functions of the cerebral cortex. The left hemisphere analyzes the words and structures of the joke; the right hemisphere “gets” the joke; the visual sensory area of the occipital lobe creates images; the limbic (emotional) system makes you happier; and the motor sections make you smile or laugh.
What are your healthy tips for the new year?