Chalkboard Pumpkin Patch

by CHERI on September 18, 2012

I love chalkboard media about as much as I love Fall decor. I grabbed some boards from my garage and sanded them. I then painted the first board in a black chalkboard paint. I let it dry and painted it in the opposite direction. After it was completely dry I conditioned the board by rubbing a piece of chalk over the board then wrote Pumpkin Patch at the top.

I painted two smaller boards in a bright orange paint. I dry brushed a lighter orange over the darker orange. I added clothespin to the top of the orange “pumpkin” boards as my stems. I just rolled some of my Gorilla Glue tape and put it behind the bottom of the pumpkins (to balance the clothespins). I didn’t want to commit to gluing the pumpkins to the board–just in case I change my mind on the design.

I love the way the orange pumpkins POP out against the BLACK chalkboard paint.

So what are you creating for the Fall?

I’m partying here:
mom 4 real

1 Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon September 19, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Ah..love chalkboards!! Love the orange against the black!!
Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon recently posted..Uncommonly Yours Link Party { 46 }My Profile

2 Mary Anne September 19, 2012 at 12:32 pm

How clever and fun and easy to take around the pumpkin orange slates to write on, very cute!

3 Mary Beth @ Cupcakes and Crinoline September 19, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Such a clever idea, Cheri!
Mary Beth @ Cupcakes and Crinoline recently posted..Burlap Silverware Caddy {Tutorial}My Profile

4 CHERI September 19, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Thanks Mary Anne. I love Fall decor so anything new is just so fun for me. Who knows in a few weeks I may change up those boards.

CHERI recently posted..Chalkboard Pumpkin PatchMy Profile

5 CHERI September 19, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Thanks Mary Beth. I love the bright orange against the black. I usually go for more subtle colors but this is a fun change.

6 CHERI September 19, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Thanks so much Bonnie and Trish

7 Steph @ The Silly Pearl September 20, 2012 at 2:13 am

Cute! The orange really pops!
Steph @ The Silly Pearl recently posted..Football Rice Krispy Treats with BBQ Chips and ChocolateMy Profile

8 Debbie September 20, 2012 at 4:59 pm

This is adorable! Like you said, the orange really does pop on the chalkboard.
Debbie :)
Debbie recently posted..Double Autumn WreathMy Profile

9 CHERI September 22, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Thanks so much. It was so simple. I have another idea for something a little more detailed but I thought the clothespins were so cute as the stems.

10 CHERI September 22, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Thanks Stephanie. It was one of those super easy projects. I typically go more muted but thought something bright would be fun.